Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just Part of the Season...

As, Alex celebrates girlfriends... I celebrate family. Especially because I told my old roommate Ryan Vittitow when she asked how I was doing that I had no friends yet (and this was only Day 2). But, I know with confidence that God will provide a group of friends here in Dallas for me to love and celebrate with. I have realized that in every new season the Lord provides a group of people. Pray boldly for it and He will provide. This was evident when I was in high school (God provided the Jcrew girls & the 7), then college (God provided the girls of CRU & too many others to list), then post college (God provided a great bible study & sweet Cali), and in this season I know God will provide. So praise God.. for the blessings of people he has provided in your life.

I am blessed right now to know 11 people in Texas of the Smith Clan. And Friday I was showered with Love by the Love's - Michael, Courtney, Jack, Noah, and Caroline. I haven't seen the kids since Mammy's 80th Birthday last year, and they were so excited that I was now living in Texas. Sweet Caroline (pictured with me above), reminded me that she and I were Buddies after we bonded on the dance floor last fall. I know that in this season God is allowing me the opportunity to get closer to the Texas Smith's and to be loved on.

As I "Embrace this Season", there is a lot that comes with that. Even though I have been blessed with Texas Family, I am completely out of my comfort zone and I am confident that it is a very Good thing. I tried out a new church this morning called "The Village" in Lewisville, Tx, and the sermon on Luke 12 was very convicting and a reminder to God's provision to his children. It was also a good reminder of why I am in Dallas, not to gain wealth or treasure on earth, but to serve and get connected with the Community. There is nothing to worry about ... as I continue to apartment search, as I seek friends, as I adjust to the job - God is in complete control.

Check out Luke 12:22-34

22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Much Love - I'm off to Houston, Tx tomorrow (hopefully Ike the Hurricane stays clear).

Pray for Hatii - Ike hit them hard.






No comments: