Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh girlfriends...

The Lord blesses his children in many ways. Today, at this moment, I am filled with blessings of girlfriends. My heart is so thankful for how the Lord has provided Godly women in my life to encourage, challenge, and love me unconditionally (even when I sin against them). So I stop today and praise God for all the women he has provided in my life. (I will take a moment to also so that my husband is the biggest blessing the Lord has given me, but I'll save that story for another post!)

I love to see how God uses each one of my friends differently in my life. Some will slap me silly when I am behaving with a sinful attitude and not put up with my behavior, which I am so thankful that they do. Others have such a sweet spirit that puts me at comfort or ease in times of uncertainty. And then their are those who know how to make me laugh so hard until my stomach hurts.

It is so important to take time and invest in the women in your life. They will be there until the end, and God has put them each in your life for a reason. When I think back to how Kathryn and I met, how we were so similar but so different. How she used to not like me when I was the new freshman girl in High school, haha. How are friendship has grown through deaths, college, boyfriends, a husband, weddings, and jobs! All my girlfriends and I have been through so much, we have not let distance, boys, college, or any other distraction come between us. They have been committed to help me grow in my faith and I am so so so thankful for that, we will call each other out when we sin and, to me, that is so beautiful!

So today I lift up my girls to our Father, I thank him for what he has provided me and I thank them for investing in me and loving on me all these years and the years to come.

Here is my prayer: "Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:22-25

p.s. My sweet dear friend Chelsea is coming from Lexington to spend the weekend with her "big" sister and I know the Lord is going to bless our time. I am anticipating her arrival and how we are going to encourage and spur each other one this weekend, glory to GOD!

Love, Alex

No comments: