Thursday, September 4, 2008

Let the Journey Begin....


" Take the first step in Faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step" ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

My first blog. I am so excited about this new blog where Alex and I are going to share what God is doing in both of our lives - 751 miles apart (that's what my Garmin told me today). I am confident that God is going to use this to show the depth to friendship built upon the Lord even despite the long distance. What a blessing for the advancements in technology. But in all seriousness, my prayer is that God uses this to encourage and challenge you as you "Embrace the Season" in your personal lives.

Today is Day 3 of my Journey to Dallas, TX, which is the journey is just getting started. I know that God has so much to teach me Here. My journey began Tuesday morning at 5:30 a.m. as Jeff dropped me off at SDF Airport - two suitcases and one laptop later I was waiving goodbye to my Dad with no turning back. Scared... and Afraid well that's not in my blood. I am a Smith - ready for the adventure. And I had already gotten the Broomall or Eisenhower worrisome spirit out of me, through packing up the condo and cleaning out my cubicle. I was trusting God with all my heart even if I can only see the FIRST STEP... the Holy Spirit will guide me to STEP TWO.

On the flight I opened up my new book from my Mother, "Following God with All your Heart" by Elizabeth George. It's a study through the book of Joshua, and God couldn't of planned a better characteristic to teach me. My desire has always been to follow the Lord wherever He was leading me and He has been preparing me to leave Louisville. To leave my immediate Family, best Friends, Church Home, and City I love - to be the new person for once and to "Embrace a New Season".

Right now... I am in Dallas, TX. My mother called me a Nomad because I am staying with my Aunt Julie and Uncle Greg in McKinney, TX, all my belongings are in a 10x10 Storage Unit in KY, getting use to a new car (the trunk is already full of work materials), Texas drivers (who carry guns suposedly), a new job, looking for an apartment, praying for an excellent church home, and friends.

Most importantly I want to gain what God wants me to out of Dallas.

My prayer is below that I may be:

a successful woman (joshua 1:8), a courageous woman (joshua 1:9), an exceptional woman (romans 12:2), a humle woman (1 peter 5:5-6), a contented woman (psalm 84:11), & a confident woman (philippians 4:13)

And now, "my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord" ~ 1 Corinthians 15:58

As I embrace this "NEW Season" I am going to Trust, Seek, Love, Praise, Follow, Serve, and Live His will with all my heart. Love from Texas!!! Please watch for updates to the blog.

No comments: